From the Dickinson Dems' Ratified Platform of 2018
We the People of the Dickinson County Democratic Party believe that Iowa families deserve access to a high-quality education, the opportunity to get good jobs, and are able to live well in healthy communities.
- We believe that members of the Armed Forces deserve our support while in the military and after they return home as veterans.
- We believe that a thriving business community does not have to come at the expense of workers’ rights.
- We believe that Iowa’s heritage — agriculture — can be rich and successful without harming our environment or the long-term success of family farmers.
- We believe in empowering every generation of Iowan.
- We believe in being active citizens, doing hard work, and being responsible neighbors.
- We believe that our vote is our greatest American right and will defend it.
- And we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to realize our Nation’s founding promise: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The Dickinson County Democrats reaffirm with this platform our state’s official motto:
Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain.
Created by Iowans for Iowans.
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO) Moratorium
- Stimulating Opportunity and Environmental Sustainability for Family Farmers through Cover Crops
- Ensuring Corporate Tax Breaks Benefit Iowa Communities
- Ensuring Education Excellence
- Ensuring Equity and Excellence in Rural Schools
- Preventing and Preparing for the Effects of Climate Change
- Funding the Iowa Judiciary
- Local Government and Federal Government Relations
- Undocumented Individuals will be tried in Civil Court System
- Upholding the Promise of Public Service
- Restore Power to Citizens by Banning Corporate Money in Elections
- Healthcare Professional Recruitment and Tele-Health
- Medicare for All
- A Strong VA: Honoring our Promise to America’s Heroes
- Finding Responsible Solutions to Gun Violence
- End Medicaid Privatization and Fully Fund Mental Health Services
- Restore Public Employee Bargaining Rights